The Alberta Order of Excellence Council receives and considers the nominations of candidates for future induction into the Alberta Order of Excellence. The Council is made up of volunteer representatives appointed by Order-in-Council from across Alberta.
How it works
- Nominations are accepted and considered year-round.
- For 2016, the nomination deadline has been extended to March 18.
- Nominations must be received by March 18 to be considered for induction in the same calendar year.
- The Council makes its selections no later than June each year.
- New members are inducted into the Order in a special ceremony in October.
- Nominations remain under consideration for up to seven years. Candidates might not be selected in the year the nomination is received.
- Successful nominees must be able to attend the investiture ceremony.
- The Alberta Order of Excellence cannot be awarded posthumously.
Who is eligible?
- Outstanding Albertans who have made significant contributions.
- Canadian citizens who live in Alberta.
- You cannot nominate yourself, your spouse, or a member of your immediate family.
- Identify an outstanding Albertan who has made significant contributions that will stand the test of time.
- Download a nomination package or order a package from the Council.
- Complete the nomination package in full. Materials submitted with the nomination cannot be returned. All nominations are confidential.
Package should include:
A nominator and a seconder.
Completed AOE nomination form (PDF).
Detailed information about the nominee including:
- resumé or curriculum vitae of nominee.
- brief biography outlining his or her contributions and accomplishments.
- demonstration of nominee’s impact on others and leadership abilities.
- rationale for why the nominee should be recognized.
- up to five letters of support from community members.
- newspaper clippings and other relevant information about awards, honours and achievements.
Submit your nomination package:
There are two ways to submit your nomination package.
Gayle Stannard, Executive Director
Alberta Order of Excellence Council
c/o the Lieutenant Governor’s Office
3rd Floor, Legislature Building
10800 – 97 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 2B6
After You Apply
The Council may contact nominators to clarify information provided, but will not otherwise contact them regarding the status of their nomination unless their candidate is selected.
If your candidate makes a significant contribution, or wins an award or honour after you have submitted the nomination package, please notify the Council in writing.
For more information about the Alberta Order of Excellence contact us.↑ TOP ↑