Alberta's Best Receive Province's Highest Honour
October 14 - Alberta Order of Excellence Investiture
Eight remarkable citizens were recognized with investiture into the Alberta Order of Excellence at a ceremony at Government House in Edmonton.
"The Alberta Order of Excellence members for 2015 are innovators and pacesetters who have spent their lives and careers working to lead positive change for people in Alberta, across Canada and around the world. They have more than earned this honour and I thank them for their outstanding service.”
- Lieutenant Governor Lois Mitchell, Chancellor of the Alberta Order of Excellence.
The new Alberta Order of Excellence members are:
- David Bissett (Calgary) – Canadian business leader and philanthropist in post-secondary education, wildlife and land preservation and community programs
- Jack Donald (Red Deer) – Respected entrepreneur, elected official and longstanding leader in many Central Alberta community initiatives
- Janice Eisenhauer (Calgary) – Dedicated advocate for strengthened education and human rights for women through Canadian Women for Women in Afghanistan
- Dennis Erker (Edmonton) – Successful businessman and community leader for a wide range of programs and initiatives, including Edmonton’s Valour Place
- Fil Fraser (Edmonton) – Pioneering Canadian broadcaster, journalist, writer, film and television producer, educator and tireless advocate for social justice
- Stan Grad (Airdrie) – Prominent member of the energy and cattle industries and dedicated philanthropist to many Alberta institutions including SAIT and STARS
- Jacob Masliyah (Edmonton) – Internationally recognized researcher, scholar, mentor and educator in engineering and oil recovery methods
- Frits Pannekoek (Calgary) – Celebrated historian and leader in the development of heritage preservation and open and accessible learning
The 2015 ceremony brings total membership in the Order to 149. For biographies and photos of the members and information on the Order, including how to submit a nomination, visit www.lieutenantgovernor.ab.ca/aoe